Centre for International Relations (CIR) was established in 1998 to facilitate academic collaboration, cooperation and coordination between Tribhuvan University (TU) and universities abroad and home.
It brings together native and foreign scholars and students to enhance knowledge. It also assists the academic institutions and universities in establishing collaboration with TU. It explores opportunities for students and researchers of TU to further build their capacities for advanced knowledge to contribute to making TU a centre for excellence.
- To initiate, formulate and develop relations with universities abroad and home;
- To encourage foreign students as well as researchers to carry out research works on Nepalese Studies through affiliation;
- To facilitate faculty and student exchange programme;
- To promote collaborative activities in higher education with foreign universities; and
- To coordinate joint research programmes, workshops and seminars.